ezmlm: Thread: Digests not responding to digtime

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Digests not responding to digtime
From: Philip Rhoades ####@####.####
Date: 11 Jun 2018 12:44:37 -0000

People,

I have 24 in this file:

   /home/caa/list/digest/digtime

but it has no impact on when the digests are delivered - sometimes they
are delivered after 3,4 or 5 days - it is pretty random - I can't find
anything else that is supposed to allow a more regular digest delivery -
am I missing something?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra  NSW  2794
Australia
E-mail:  ####@####.####
Subject: Re: Digests not responding to digtime
From: Jeff Ross ####@####.####
Date: 11 Jun 2018 14:45:38 -0000

On 6/11/18 6:44 AM, Philip Rhoades wrote:

> People,
>
> I have 24 in this file:
>
>   /home/caa/list/digest/digtime
>
> but it has no impact on when the digests are delivered - sometimes
> they are delivered after 3,4 or 5 days - it is pretty random - I can't
> find anything else that is supposed to allow a more regular digest
> delivery - am I missing something?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil.
I have one list with a working digest.  I use an entry in crontab to
trigger it at midnight my local time.

59      23      *       *       * /usr/local/bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-get
/var/qmail/alias/buddha-l/

You'll want to man ezmlm-get to see if that would also work for you.

Jeff
From: Philip Rhoades ####@####.####
Date: 11 Jun 2018 19:24:49 -0000

Jeff,

On 2018-06-12 00:45, Jeff Ross wrote:
> On 6/11/18 6:44 AM, Philip Rhoades wrote:
>
>> People,
>>
>> I have 24 in this file:
>>
>> /home/caa/list/digest/digtime
>>
>> but it has no impact on when the digests are delivered - sometimes
>> they are delivered after 3,4 or 5 days - it is pretty random - I
>> can't find anything else that is supposed to allow a more regular
>> digest delivery - am I missing something?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Phil.
>  I have one list with a working digest.  I use an entry in crontab to
> trigger it at midnight my local time.
>
> 59      23      *       *       *       /usr/local/bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-get
> /var/qmail/alias/buddha-l/
>
> You'll want to man ezmlm-get to see if that would also work for you.

I'll give that a shot.

Thanks!

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra  NSW  2794
Australia
E-mail:  ####@####.####
From: Philip Rhoades ####@####.####
Date: 12 Jun 2018 10:13:07 -0000

Jeff,

On 2018-06-12 05:24, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> Jeff,
>

> On 2018-06-12 00:45, Jeff Ross wrote:
>> On 6/11/18 6:44 AM, Philip Rhoades wrote:
>>
>>> People,
>>>
>>> I have 24 in this file:
>>>
>>> /home/caa/list/digest/digtime
>>>
>>> but it has no impact on when the digests are delivered - sometimes
>>> they are delivered after 3,4 or 5 days - it is pretty random - I
>>> can't find anything else that is supposed to allow a more regular
>>> digest delivery - am I missing something?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Phil.
>>  I have one list with a working digest.  I use an entry in crontab to
>> trigger it at midnight my local time.
>>
>> 59      23      *       *       *       /usr/local/bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-get
>> /var/qmail/alias/buddha-l/
>>
>> You'll want to man ezmlm-get to see if that would also work for you.
>

> I'll give that a shot.

It works! - that is a good resolution . .

Many thanks!

Phil.

--
Philip Rhoades