ezmlm: Thread: Re: Announcing ezmlm-idx version 7.2.0 (test results corrected - no problems found)

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: Announcing ezmlm-idx version 7.2.0 (test results corrected - no problems found)
From: Glen Stewart ####@####.####
Date: 7 May 2014 23:29:25 -0000

Hi folks,

I'm pleased to report that my earlier testing of the email group software with
handling for DMARC-participating ISPs (Yahoo and AOL, especially) was done
partially wrong, leading me to the conclusion that it wasn't suitable for use.

After running the tests in a better way tonight, I find the software is
working fine!!!

_*What you will see different*_

  * When mail is sent from a group member/owner using a *DMARC*-participating
    mail provider, the sender will appear to be like this
      o *Q*: Yeah, but now how do I figure out what the sender's email address
        really is?
      o *A*: Look at the cc: field of the sender's email.  You will see their
        actual email address there.  While not as helpful as direct
        person-to-person email, this is the best we can do now, since these
        DMARC participants have chosen their restrictive approach to email
        handling.
  * When mail is sent from a group member/owner using a *non-DMARC* mail
    provider, the sender will appear and behave like it always has

You can see that the DMARC sender has their name VIA the group address.

Depending on whether your group is set for Replies go to Group Address
<javascript:void(0);> or not, when you respond to the sender, the post will go
to the group or to the sender, as it always has.

Thanks again Bruce for all your efforts on this, and I apologize for the
earlier false alarm during testing.

Glen

--
Associate.com - THE Place to Associate!                  http://freegroups.net