ezmlm: Thread: Re: Announcing ezmlm-idx version 7.2.0

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: Announcing ezmlm-idx version 7.2.0
From: Philip Rhoades ####@####.####
Date: 9 May 2014 03:33:19 -0000

Bruce,

Some years ago I tried to get the web interface
(http://untroubled.org/ezmlm-browse) going for one of my lists but
couldn't manage it (I can't remember what the problem was) - now it
might be time to try again - since I am busy and the web interface will
only benefit a few users (although more people might make use of it if
it is available) I am disinclined to spend too much effort on it if
hardly anyone is going to benefit.  Shyould it be straighforward to set
up? (I have done qmail filtering and Apache setup things before).

Also, I had a quick look at the page again and it seems like there might
be a problem that the list archive becomes public? (I want to keep it
private for list members only).

Thanks,

Phil.

--
Philip Rhoades

GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW	2001
Australia
E-mail:  ####@####.####
From: Philip Rhoades ####@####.####
Date: 9 May 2014 08:27:21 -0000

Bruce,

On 2014-05-09 13:33, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> Some years ago I tried to get the web interface
> (http://untroubled.org/ezmlm-browse) going for one of my lists but
> couldn't manage it (I can't remember what the problem was) - now it
> might be time to try again - since I am busy and the web interface
> will only benefit a few users (although more people might make use of
> it if it is available) I am disinclined to spend too much effort on it
> if hardly anyone is going to benefit.  Shyould it be straighforward to
> set up? (I have done qmail filtering and Apache setup things before).
>
> Also, I had a quick look at the page again and it seems like there
> might be a problem that the list archive becomes public? (I want to
> keep it private for list members only).

I decided to give it another shot but I get:

<type 'exceptions.OSError'>: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/home/caa/list/archive/threads'
       args = (13, 'Permission denied')
       errno = 13
       filename = '/home/caa/list/archive/threads'
       message = ''
       strerror = 'Permission denied'

- but I have lists.cgi owned by caa and setuid - I can't see what else
to do . .

Thanks,

Phil.

From: Bob Miller ####@####.####
Date: 9 May 2014 22:06:20 -0000

Hi,
> > Shyould it be straighforward to
> > set up? (I have done qmail filtering and Apache setup things
before).

It took me a bit of trial, error and experimenting to get it going when
I did it, but I don't remember it being any where near as difficult as
any number of other things I have decided to learn...

> > Also, I had a quick look at the page again and it seems like there
> > might be a problem that the list archive becomes public? (I want to
> > keep it private for list members only).

As far as I know, you will only be able to limit access to the archives
via tools that come with apache (hopefully someone will correct me if I
am wrong).  You can use something like authnz_external to force users to
authenticate against your IMAP server, but you will have to invent some
trickery to further limit access to list subscribers instead of every
user on the mail server.  maybe require-user or some such directive is
useful, not sure.

> <type 'exceptions.OSError'>: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '/home/caa/list/archive/threads'
>        args = (13, 'Permission denied')
>        errno = 13
>        filename = '/home/caa/list/archive/threads'
>        message = ''
>        strerror = 'Permission denied'
>
> - but I have lists.cgi owned by caa and setuid - I can't see what else
> to do . .

Not sure how you are generating this error, but in case it's relevant, I
used mpm-itk to make apache run as the same user as the mail server...

Also in case it is helpful to you, I have my system running ezmlm-web
and ezmlm-browse installed in an ldap-auth-centric network, I documented
the sandbox build for those programs here:

http://cocnm.computerisms.ca/index.php/Install_Qmail-ldap,_Dovecot,_and_Related_Email_Services#Obtain_and_Install_Ezmlm-Web

From: Glen Stewart ####@####.####
Date: 9 May 2014 23:06:17 -0000

Just tonight, I noticed some *local* qmail queue accumulation (108 messages),
and saw in the mail logs:

2014-05-09 17:59:31.941096500 delivery 769: deferral:
ezmlm-weed:_fatal:_out_of_memory/
2014-05-09 17:59:37.949011500 delivery 770: deferral:
ezmlm-weed:_fatal:_out_of_memory/
2014-05-09 18:00:01.971454500 delivery 771: deferral:
ezmlm-weed:_fatal:_out_of_memory/
2014-05-09 18:00:03.341194500 delivery 773: deferral:
ezmlm-weed:_fatal:_out_of_memory/
2014-05-09 18:00:13.172282500 delivery 780: deferral:
ezmlm-weed:_fatal:_out_of_memory/
2014-05-09 18:00:34.370667500 delivery 782: deferral:
ezmlm-weed:_fatal:_out_of_memory/
2014-05-09 18:00:58.885762500 delivery 787: deferral:
ezmlm-weed:_fatal:_out_of_memory/
2014-05-09 18:01:00.889787500 delivery 788: deferral:
ezmlm-weed:_fatal:_out_of_memory/
2014-05-09 18:01:00.890292500 delivery 789: deferral:
ezmlm-weed:_fatal:_out_of_memory/

I put the ezmlm-weed from 7.0.2 in, and the memory errors aren't appearing,
and local queue size has dropped by 30 messages in the last 45 mins.

When I look in the logs from the last few days, the memory error began when I
put the 7.2.0 binaries in place.

Anybody else seeing this problem in your logs?

Associate.com - THE Place to Associate!                  http://freegroups.net
Is Your E-mail Group Here?  See http://freegroups.net/faq/your-group-here.html

From: Bruce Guenter ####@####.####
Date: 9 May 2014 23:33:35 -0000

On Fri, May 09, 2014 at 07:06:16PM -0400, Glen Stewart wrote:
> Just tonight, I noticed some *local* qmail queue accumulation (108 messages),
> and saw in the mail logs:
>
> 2014-05-09 17:59:31.941096500 delivery 769: deferral:
> ezmlm-weed:_fatal:_out_of_memory/

I can confirm this is an issue. Fortunately it is only affecting
handling of bounce messages (and not causing redeliveries of list
messages *phew*). It is an off-by-one error disguised as an out of
memory, and can be fixed by replacing line 127 of ezmlm-weed.c with:

	concatHDR(line.s,line.len,&dsnline);

--
Bruce Guenter ####@####.####                http://untroubled.org/

[Content type application/pgp-signature not shown. Download]
[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]