ezmlm: Thread: Announcing ezmlm-idx version 7.2.0

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Announcing ezmlm-idx version 7.2.0
From: Bruce Guenter ####@####.####
Date: 2 May 2014 22:30:12 -0000

Greetings.

I have just uploaded the 7.2.0 release of ezmlm-idx to:
	http://ezmlm.untroubled.org/archive/7.2.0/

Biggest change is the ezmlm-send rewritefrom feature, made possible by
Yahoo's new "reject" DMARC policy. I hope to do a 7.2.1 release soon
with some documentation fixes, but I wanted to push this out as soon as
possible for the above feature.

ezmlm-idx-7.2.0, 2014-05-02
===========================

- Added <#C#>, <#T#>, and <#X#> substitutions for (un)subscribe
  confirmation emails, replaced with the hash code, time stamp, and
  action respectively.

- Added option to ezmlm-[un]sub to use a tag other than "manual" in Log.

- Added option to ezmlm-manage to show what response is being sent.

- Added optional rewritefrom feature to ezmlm-send, automatically
  enabled when the sender has a "reject" DMARC policy.

- Fixed behavior of ezmlm-manage -Q flag to match man page.

- Fixed ezmlm-import failing to flush output to the last message,
  and enhanced it to allow reading the mbox from stdin.
  Thanks to Tullio Andreatta.

- Fixed ezmlm-manage notifying target of an unsubscribe by a remote
  administrator when the -N option is in use.
  Thanks to Nebojsa Milovanovic.

- Fixed ezmlm-archive corrupting output index files.

- Internal rewrite of SQL modules to merge all common code.

Translation statistics:

Translation ch_GB is out of date: 6 old texts 170 old messages
Translation cs is out of date: 6 old texts 168 old messages
Translation da is out of date: 6 old texts 168 old messages
Translation de is out of date: 2 old messages
Translation es is out of date: 5 old texts 170 old messages
Translation fr is out of date: 5 old texts 167 old messages
Translation hu is out of date: 5 old texts 168 old messages
Translation id is out of date: 3 old texts 5 old messages
Translation it is out of date: 2 old messages
Translation ja is out of date: 5 old texts 170 old messages
Translation nl is out of date: 5 old messages
Translation pl is out of date: 12 old texts 168 old messages
Translation pt is out of date: 6 old texts 167 old messages
Translation pt_BR is out of date: 6 old texts 167 old messages
Translation ru is out of date: 11 old texts 170 old messages
Translation sv is out of date: 5 old texts 167 old messages

Please update these at http://ezmlm.untroubled.org/

--
Bruce Guenter ####@####.####                http://untroubled.org/

[Content type application/pgp-signature not shown. Download]
Subject: Re: Announcing ezmlm-idx version 7.2.0
From: Glen Stewart ####@####.####
Date: 3 May 2014 15:13:33 -0000

Bruce,

Thank you very much for your work with this.  It's really appreciated!

Below are my test results.  In short, there seems to be a logic problem with
the non-DMARC address handling in many test cases.  My email client was
Thunderbird v24.5.

    _*reply to sender w/o rewritefrom*_

        yahoo        works
        non-yahoo    SENDER field improperly set to group address

    _*reply to sender w/ rewritefrom*_

        yahoo        works
        non-yahoo    SENDER and FROM field improperly set to group address

    _*reply to group w/o rewritefrom*_

        yahoo        works
        non-yahoo    REPLY-TO and TO double-post

    _*reply to group w/ rewritefrom*_

        yahoo        works
        non-yahoo    works

Associate.com - THE Place to Associate!                  http://freegroups.net
Is Your E-mail Group Here?  See http://freegroups.net/faq/your-group-here.html

From: Bruce Guenter ####@####.####
Date: 4 May 2014 03:45:57 -0000

On Sat, May 03, 2014 at 10:16:24AM -0400, Glen Stewart wrote:
> Thank you very much for your work with this.  It's really appreciated!

You're welcome. More is planned, probably including some surprises.

> Below are my test results.  In short, there seems to be a logic problem with
> the non-DMARC address handling in many test cases.  My email client was
> Thunderbird v24.5.
>
>     _*reply to sender w/o rewritefrom*_
>
>         yahoo        works
>         non-yahoo    SENDER field improperly set to group address

I'm not clear what you're describing here. What do you mean the "SENDER
field"? By "reply to sender" is this a button in Tbird (I don't have
much experience with it)? The "Sender:" header has been added to the
header since version 6.0.1.

As far as I can tell, the standard path when rewritefrom is not enabled
is effectively identical to before, and the self-tests confirm it.

>     _*reply to sender w/ rewritefrom*_
>
>         yahoo        works
>         non-yahoo    SENDER and FROM field improperly set to group address

Where should the "From:" header point to when rewritefrom is enabled, if
not the group address?

>     _*reply to group w/o rewritefrom*_
>
>         yahoo        works
>         non-yahoo    REPLY-TO and TO double-post

Again, is "reply to group" a Tbird button? What do you mean by
double-post?

>     _*reply to group w/ rewritefrom*_
>
>         yahoo        works
>         non-yahoo    works

Phew, one thing works, all right!

From: Valerio Messina ####@####.####
Date: 4 May 2014 09:01:39 -0000

On 03/05/2014 00:30, Bruce Guenter wrote:
> I have just uploaded the 7.2.0 release of ezmlm-idx to:
> 	http://ezmlm.untroubled.org/archive/7.2.0/

is there a method, to discover the idx (and ezmlm) version remotely by
moderator email command?

thank you,
Valerio

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]