bgware: Thread: daemontools-encore version 1.11 released

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: daemontools-encore version 1.11 released
From: Bruce Guenter ####@####.####
Date: 14 Oct 2018 00:58:10 -0000

daemontools-encore is a collection of tools for managing UNIX services.
It is derived from the public-domain release of daemontools
(http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html) by D. J. Bernstein.

daemontools-encore adds numerous enhancements above what daemontools
could do while maintaining backwards compatibility with daemontools.
See the CHANGES file for more details on what features have been added.

Official release can be found at:

	http://untroubled.org/daemontools-encore/

Development versions are available from github:

	https://github.com/bruceg/daemontools-encore

Changes in daemontools-encore-1.11
==================================

Enhanced svscan to stop its services when it is stopped.
(Thanks to Rick Myers)

Added new program setuser to setuid, setenv, plus chdir before exec.

Added new program envini to read environment variables from an INI file.

Added support for adding a prefix in envdir.

Added "once" flag output to svstat.

Fixed supervise to run "start" on down services and "svc -o".

Fixed sleeper to do a single atomic write.

Added support for resetting limits in softlimit.

Fixed initial supervise "down" status.

Fix supervise removing "status" before locking the service.

Fix initialization of uptime on down service with log.

--
Bruce Guenter ####@####.####                http://untroubled.org/

[Content type application/pgp-signature not shown. Download]
Subject: Re: [bgware] daemontools-encore version 1.11 released
From: Giam Teck Choon ####@####.####
Date: 30 Jan 2019 02:02:03 -0000

Hi Bruce,

I believe
http://untroubled.org/daemontools-encore/daemontools-encore-1.11.tar.gz
(md5sum c44f99c8bd3921642b7a54742ebf1363) missing setuser.8 or related
files as I encountered the following installer error:

./installer head -n 1 conf-bin <BIN
./installer head -n 1 conf-man <MAN
installer: fatal: unable to read setuser.8: file does not exist
make: *** [install] Error 111

Makefile also missing setuser.8 in man target I guess.

Correct me if I am wrong.

P.S. Github issue being created few months ago which I guess that
shouldn't the right place to ask for such assistance
(https://github.com/bruceg/daemontools-encore/issues/60). Sorry.

Thanks.

Kindest regards,
Giam Teck Choon