bgware: SRS / what next after vmailmgr ?

Subject: SRS / what next after vmailmgr ?
From: Olivier Mueller ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jun 2020 12:35:27 -0000

Hello,

I hope everybody is well even during these special times!

I still have a few servers with qmail/vmailmgr, and one of the most
frequent issue now is with forwarded mails which are rejected for
whatever (SPF, DKIM, etc.) reason.

For example a mail from:  ####@####.#### sent to ####@####.####
with this setup in /home/domain.ext/vpasswd.cdb:

User Mailbox Aliases
user1 No ####@####.#### ####@####.####

will be sent to ####@####.#### and ####@####.#### still
with ####@####.####  as return-path, and it will fail on quite a
lot of servers because my server is not allowed to send mails as
@gmail.com.

SRS could be a solution but is quite hard to implement.  Something
simpler maybe would be to make sure the mails from the qmail/vmailmgr
server are then sent with ####@####.#### as envelope sender /
return-path.

Is this something somebody here is doing, and if yes, how ?

At the same time I am also looking for good alternative as replacement
of my old qmail/vmailmgr/omail-admin servers:  at the moment I'm having
a look at mailcow (https://mailcow.email/), and if it works well, I'll
work on some migration scripts.

If you moved away from vmailmgr but you are still around on this list,
I'd be glad to read about your experiences, thanks!

Best regards & a nice week to you,
Olivier