bgware: Setting up ezmlm-idx w/recipient validation

Subject: Re: [bgware] Setting up ezmlm-idx w/recipient validation
From: Olivier Mueller ####@####.####
Date: 23 Jan 2009 12:15:51 -0000

Hello,

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 18:52 -0500, Ville Walveranta wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I'm trying to set up ezmlm-idx on the system where recipient validation has
> already been successfully set up. CVM_LOOKUP is set to use cvm-chain, which
> in turn is set to use cvm-vmailmgr and cvm-pwfile (to add couple of `system'
> accounts). The problem that arises from this configuration is that the ezmlm
> accounts are neither vmailmgr nor system accounts, and thus the recipient
> validation fails with "553 5.1.1 Sorry, that recipient does not exist.". If
> I add cvm-qmail to the chain, all the system users from /etc/passwd get
> aliased as valid users to all vmailmgr virtual domains as was discussed
> earlier (root*virtualdomain.., toor*virtualdomain.., daemon*virtualdomain..,
> etc.), so that's not an option.
> Perhaps I could create a vmailmgr user in the virtual domain the mailing
> list is under using the same name as the mailing list, and then create a
> related.qmail-* file in the virtual domain root..? Any thoughts?

Quite an old post, but exactly the same problem I got today : may I ask
you if you (or anybody else of course) have found a solution to this
issue?

Last time I checked (several months ago), if I recall correctly chaining
was broken. Maybe it has been fixed now? :)      (it's on an old server,
I'll retry again later next week with updated sw)

regards,
Olivier